To keep you informed …
- With the recent turnover of the renovated Gym & Locker Rooms as well as Auditorium, Art, Band, and Nursing areas, all construction at the High School is now substantially complete and in use for education. The Contractor delivered this major portion of the project on-time and within budget.
- Construction work is now underway in Wetsel on Phase 4 of the overall renovation project, which includes the Gym, Locker Rooms, and surrounding corridors along with the Restrooms adjacent to the cafeteria.
- The renovated Restrooms were started first and will be opened back up for student use within the next few days.
- Demolition of ceilings, lighting, and HVAC systems in the Gym and Locker areas is nearly complete and structural roof reinforcement to support the new rooftop HVAC equipment is in progress. With the new equipment currently stored on site, installation will begin soon and should progress rapidly.
- The Contractor’s schedule calls for the Phase 4 Gym renovations to be complete by mid-May, so that the Gym is available for graduation ceremonies in early June and then utilized for Phase 5 furniture storage during the summer.
- Phase 5 (Administration/Classrooms/Cafeteria/Shops) renovations will start in select areas in May, and then expand throughout the remainder of the building as soon as school lets out for the summer. All construction will be substantially complete mid-August in time for the start of the 2015-2016 school year.
Right now, we are building a 2015-2016 school calendar to begin school before Labor Day. The first draft will be presented to the School Board in March.