The School Board met on Monday, March 9, 2015, for their regular monthly meeting.
Beth Wilson, MCHS Online Learning Facilitator provided information regarding Online Learning. The one-page information sheet on 21st Century Learning will be available on the division’s website.
Presented to the Board as Information:
- 2015-2015 draft calendar presented. The calendar will be posted on the division’s website for public comments. Approval will be requested in May.
- 2015-2019 Technology Plan.
Approved by the Board:
- Approved the 2015-2016 Budget. This revision reflects the state revenues which were changed to reflect the final General Assembly budget and health insurance expenditures reduced to reflect FY15 actual participation with no increase in coverage.
- Approved Shoretel as the provider for the new telephone system for MCPS.
- Approved the purchase of 50 HP 440 G1 PC’s for MCHS staff.
- Approved the Rappahannock Cost-Savings Agreement for 2015-16.
- Approved VSBA Business Honor Roll – Resolution. Approved a resolution for Graves’ Mountain Lodge, Inc., for their ongoing support of our schools
- Approved 2 substitute appointments, 2 resignations and 1 appointment.
The next School Board meeting is scheduled for Monday, April 13, 2015, at 7:00 p.m.
The Student Art Show Reception will be held at 6:30 p.m., followed by Board recognition during the regular meeting.