MCPS joins New York State Freshman’s National Campaign to Support our Military Families

flagMCPS joins many school divisions national-wide who will read the same announcement on three important days.

MCPS will honor military families by reading the following on all school announcements after the Pledge of Allegiance.

“We take this time to remember our “Blue Star” and “Gold Star” Military Families and thank them for their sacrifice and generosity. We want them to know that they are a part of our community.”

This will occur three times this year:  Patriot Day, (9-11), Veterans Day, and Memorial Day.

“Blue Star” signifies there is a family member who is serving in the Armed Forces and a “Gold Star” signifies a loved one has died while serving our nation.

Notably, this national movement was started by Jake Gallin, a ninth grade student in New York State.

Further information may be obtained from Jake’s website: www.starsforcars.org

Last year, MCPS participated as one of seven Virginia school divisions in this national campaign.

I support Jake’s campaign 100%.  It’s important to me that we all recognize that 1% of our nation is protecting the other 99%. – Superintendent Eberhardt

Copyright © 2017, Madison County Public Schools. All rights reserved.
Non-Discrimination Notice and Other Legal Disclaimers
Madison County Public Schools | 60 School Board Court | Madison, VA 22727 | Phone: 540.948.3780
Contact the webmaster. Login.