MCPS students wishing to earn credit through distance learning must follow the guidelines listed below. Distance learning includes correspondence courses, on–line courses, or satellite-delivered instruction.
- The request to earn credit by distance learning must be approved by your school counselor and the school principal or principal designee.
- Courses must be approved before the student begins the course.
- Courses through Virtual Virginia are offered at the high school level. The Virginia Department of Education pays tuition for all Early College Scholar (ECS) students. All other students are responsible for course tuition and fees. For more information on Virtual Virginia, visit http://www.virtualvirginia.org/
- MCPS provides courses through Apex Learning at no cost to students. Students must have the approval of the school counselor or principal to enroll in one of these courses. For Apex Learning Course offerings select the following link: Apex Course Offerings
- Students may enroll in virtual courses through one of the distance learning institutions approved by the Virginia Department of Education. MCPS will provide access to the online learning lab during school hours; however all other tuition and fees are the responsibility of the student/family. For a list of approved distance learning providers, visit VDOE Approved Online Providers
- Students must take any corresponding SOL tests as required by Virginia law.
See your school counselor for more information.