Procedures and Scales
Thank you for your interest in the educational process of Madison County Public Schools. The following items will be needed in order to complete your application file with Madison County Public Schools.
- A completed on-line application
- Copy of an official transcript of an earned bachelor’s/master’s/doctor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three letters of recommendation and/or referral check lists from present or past principals or superintendents with whom you have worked; college professors, your cooperating teacher(s) during practice teaching, and persons who know you well enough to vouch for your character.
- A copy of your Praxis scores
Each applicant is responsible for having appropriate letters of recommendation sent to this office. Following are the steps in the application process:
- Applications are accepted at anytime and are kept on file for review as vacancies occur.
- When a vacancy occurs, applications are screened and on-site interviews are scheduled.
- Applications are removed from the active file each December if the application was received in August or before.
To keep an application active, it must be renewed with a letter of request including updated information.
Applications, transcripts, recommendations, test scores and any correspondence should be addressed to:
Mrs. Cathy Jones
Madison County Public Schools
60 School Board Court
Madison, VA 22727