Tina Cropp has served as the Director of Finance since 1999. During that time Ms. Cropp has worked hard to provide assistance to all stakeholders
inside and outside the school system. Her responsibilities include:
- Providing support to the Superintendent and the School Board by preparing the annual school budget and projections/tracking of same throughout the year.
- Implementing internal policies, procedures, and controls to help ensure the accuracy of data and that expenditures comply and are focused on achieving goals set in the Division’s Long Range Plan.
- Participating in meetings with outside agencies for the purpose of learning and gathering information to convey to the Division Superintendent, fellow Directors, and Administrators to move the division forward into a 21st century learning environment.
- Working with Insurance Broker to ensure compliance with the Affordable Care Act and to provide cost effective and creditable health insurance to employees.
- Interacting with fellow administrators to assist and provide guidance on monetary decisions that will impact some or all students.
- Working with vendors to offer presentations and training to employees regarding retirement, health insurance, and other human resource related topics.
- Providing guidance to all full-time, part-time, and substitute employees as the Benefits Administrator by answering questions from employees and forwarding information to them on health insurance, supplemental insurance, VRS retirement, supplemental retirement plans, and employee assistance plans.
- Analyzing fund balances for each major function to provide fiscal direction, support, and recommendations to maximize the use of funds to support students.
- Compiling/inputting time sheets into payroll system for approximately 350 employees. Prepares all payroll quarterly/annual reports for the Internal Revenue Service and the State of Virginia. Prepares W-2 and 1099 forms annually.
- Conducting the benefits/payroll portion of the annual New Teacher Orientation. Enrolls all new employees in the Virginia Retirement System (VRS), health insurance, and all other benefits offered by the School Board.
- Providing fiscal guidance to ensure all students are safe and prepared for the next step in their life whether it is another year of school or into the workforce.
- Providing auditors with needed reports and documents to conduct the annual review of operations of the Finance Department to ensure compliance with all policies and regulations.
- Maintaining all fiscal records (accounts payable, budget documents, contracts, payroll) in accordance with the Policies for Records Retention and Disposition set forth by the Library of Virginia.
If you have any questions concerning any of the above areas, please feel free to contact her at 540-948-3780. She is happy to help.