- Madison Primary School
Who is eligible?
- Rising Preschoolers - must be 4 years old on or before September 30, 2021
What to bring?
- Your child, who will complete a brief readiness screening
- Current physical and immunization record (on/after August 17, 2020)
- Original state certified birth certificate
- Photo ID (driver's license)
- Two proofs of residency ( a utility bill, lease agreement, homeowner insurance policy, or personal property tax bill, for example)
- Proof of household income, is required (check stub, W2, tax forms, etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions
What do i do if I cannot find my child's birth certificate?
When you come to registration, bring a $12.00 check made payable to State Health Department or cash and a photo ID to apply for one from the Division of Vital Records. We can help you apply for a new certificate.
Is my child guaranteed a spot in the Preschool program?
Due to a limited number of spaces in the program for 4-year-olds, all children need to be screened in order to give priority to students who would benefit most from this support.
Will my child qualify for Head Start?
Head start will have a representative available at registration to answer questions.
Why do I need my child's current physical and immunization record?
Virginia law requires that children have a current physical (within one-year) and certain immunizations before entering school.
What if my child hasn't had immunizations?
The Madison County Health Department will provide free immunizations at their offices in Madison. Please contact them at 948-5481 to schedule an appointment. You may also choose to use your private doctor. Please contact your doctor as soon as possible to avoid the before-school rush.
What if my child needs special help?
Madison County Public Schools provides free evaluations and education to children with special needs who live in Madison County. For more information, ask at registration of call 948-3780.