Madison County School Board Priorities for 2020-21
All division employees and school board members will work in a collegial, respectful, and collaborative manner with stakeholders to promote and support the school division's mission and goals.
- Ensure continuity of learning during the pandemic to prepare for a future of high-quality online learning opportunities.
- Work with the Superintendent to create, implement, and sustain a district-wide Equity Task Force.
- Develop a long-term plan for addressing the well-being of students and staff members.
- Develop a long-term plan for expanding and revising our offerings in CTE while furthering our transition to a simulated workplace, where appropriate. The plan should explore opportunities for deepening collaborations with Germanna Community College, surrounding counties, local businesses, and the Department of Labor (Youth Apprentice Program).
- Create a highly desirable work environment that attracts, develops, and retains a diverse and high-quality staff, focusing on our commitment to increase salaries for all division employees.
- With the focus on safety, work toward the continued improvement of MCPS instructional and athletic facilities in collaboration with the Madison County Board of Supervisors, Madison County Parks and Recreation Authority, community members, and potential private donors.